Monday 11 May 2015

writing to the unknown soldier

For our inquiry on ANZAC day we had to do a piece of writing to the unknown soldier. To write it I had to use my knowledge of ANZAC day and the experience the soldiers had at war, and we had to use paragraphs,complex sentences and short powerful sentences.

To the soldier who never returned

I have not experienced war. I am writing to you in my safe classroom to tell you that we still remember you as a brave soldier who defended our country and lost your life.

How did you feel when you put your uniform on for the first time? We have heard that some of you were forced to go to war, and others signed up thinking that you were going on an adventure not knowing that you might never return home. That you might die in your hot sweaty uniform.

I can not imagine what it would be like living with the rats. Did anyone get the black plague?I can’t imagine waking up and finding ten dead rats on top of you. I have heard that almost all the fruit was  rotten. Did you miss your mum’s warm food, and the four meals you had at home everyday. I bet you did.

How did it feel walking through the masses of dead bodies?  Was it  gross, frightening. I know one thing it would be bad. Did any of your friends die?

How did you feel when you were given a gun and told to go and kill people? What did you feel like frightened,worried, or did you just want to go home? I know I would.

I heard that parents went away to war, and to their kids disappointment came back as empty souls.`

Thanks again for defending our country
Yours sincerely Bella.L

No comments:

Post a Comment